Thursday, January 20, 2011

Collage Wall






For some time now, I've wanted to incorporate a collage of frames on a wall in my apt.  It's a pretty big wall with sconces framing out fairly large space.  I believe that it should be a collection of meaningful things -- photos, paintings, objects -- Coming across these things have been harder than I thought.  Maybe it's because I'm in my shoebox apartment and have so many things packed away.  This summer my husband I purchased a beautiful stripped photograph in Barcelona.  This piece gave me the inspiration to begin the collage wall.  I have attempted this wall 4 times now without a final product!! My indecisiveness is really coming out!  Decisions, Decisions, Decisions -- Pics of my husband and I (seems quite conceded) -- Pics of our sweet pup (well of course!) -- Pics of our travels (sure) -- Symmetrical or not -- match the frames or not -- use my big chunky gold mirror or not (the mirror sitting my floor right now).  Ahhhhh!
For now I think I'll continue to collect pieces. Here are some of the photos my husband and I have taken over the years that I'm considering using.   
 view from Empire State Building


 these two are from a sailing trip we took last Christmas.  Anegada, BVI

 love locks in Paris from our trip this summer

love wall in Paris


As I continue to agonize over this topic I leave you with some pics of inspiration that one day will
be my wall-o-frames. 
  


lonny mag

No comments:

Post a Comment