Monday, January 31, 2011

draper





smokey blue velvet.  charcoal gray circular geometric designed back.  stained wood in jacobean brown


available for purchase on esty

I'm not sure if the name is going to stick, but that's all I could come up with for now.  If you're a Mad Man fan, I'm sure you get it.  Let me know if you have any name suggestions, I'm open!  For some time now I have been on the hunt for a mid century modern chair.  But no such luck until I came across this one!  I can't wait to find another.  It's really well made, and super comfy!  

The velvet is actually a curtain panel from Pottery Barn.  Now I can't remember why I bought it originally but I've had this velvet for a while now.  I started with the velvet, and loved how it looked, but thought it needed a little funk added to it!  That's where the Dwell fabric on the back came in.  My husband said I should name it the "mullet" -- it's work in the front and a party in the back.  I think I'll stick with "Draper" for now!  



1 comment:

  1. Love what you did with this chair! Unconventional, and very cool--I also love your husband's name for it--so funny! Thanks for checking out my blog and commenting on my pillows. The pretty aqua patterned one was a fluke find at a HomeSense store in Canada (like HomeGoods here in the U.S. but WAY better), and the chartreuse covers are actually from IKEA. Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete