Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Texas BBQ in New York City

This past week a woman contacted me needing somebody to design the furniture in her new brownstone she’s currently renovating.  Wow!  Chase and I made the trip up to Washington Heights to check out her place.  There’s lots of work to be done on it, but if she’s anything like me she’s going to have a blast rehabing it!  She has been buying old furniture off Craigslist (sounds like somebody I know!) for the last few months.  Her collection is so great, 3 sofas and 5 chairs...thank goodness she doesn’t want me to store all these pieces in my apartment!  Check out our design board and the before pics of her furniture on www.thewhitedesign.com -- FOLLOW ME tab.  Here are the first three fabrics we’re using.  I can’t wait!!  As y’all know I’ve been wanting to use this pink fabric for some time now! 





A trip to Harlem wouldn’t be complete without a stop at Dinosaur BBQ.  Yumm!  When you get off the train you can smell their pit smoking your lunch from three blocks away, you know that’s some good BBQ.  No where else in NYC is like that.  It reminded me of driving past the original Sonny Bryan’s in Dallas, that smell means home to me!  Dinosaur BBQ is no original Texas BBQ but it’s definitely the closest I’ve had up here.  Can’t wait to go back!
Cheers!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment