Tuesday, January 18, 2011

kendall



royal blue and silver-gray authentic ikat fabric.  silver-gray braided trim.  painted glossy black. 

A girlfriend of mine in Austin had been wanting a chaise to put in her house.  And so the hunt began for a piece we could work with and eventually ship to Austin.  I found this and wasn't quite sure if it would work for what she wanted, but she immediately jumped on board and saw the potential I did.  I forgot to take a before pic (as usual), but the guy I bought it from said it was from Crate and Barrel.  Originally an bench made to go at the end of a bed, wood frame with a rattan seat and arms.  

I had been wanting to use ikat fabric on a piece and luckily KP loved it also!  When I ordered the fabric I didn't pay attention to where it was being shipped from until I received a package from Uzbekistan!  It truly is authentic!  I ordered another pattern that I haven't used yet.  The only problem with my "authentic" ikat is that it's only about 17 in wide.  Not a whole lot I can do with that...I'll find another bench I guess.  

Attempting this "small business" idea of mine, I need to be able to ship.  I had heard from multiple people that Greyhound Shipping is really convenient and cheap.  KP agreed to be my Greyhound Guinea Pig...I needed to use somebody I already knew instead of putting a random client through the learning process.  It's quite a humorous story so I've saved a whole entry for it  : ) 

cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment