Tuesday, January 18, 2011

scottie




navy blue velvet. painted shimmery gold.

I found this chair out in Queens from a lady who spends her time at garage sells. Her entire backyard and garage was full of random junk! Maybe I should have nominated her for Hoarders! The insides of this chair were quite gross, it's a very old chair. It looks very nice all freshened up though. This was the first chair I spray painted. I think I should spray paint more chairs, it took no time at all! Luckily my apartment building has a "courtyard" (some outside space where the trash is kept) where I can paint outside. Spray paint and small enclosed apartments do not mix well together!

Scottie never even had the chance to sit on Etsy or Craigslist, he went straight to Homebody Boutique in Brooklyn. I went by to check on him this weekend and the owner had a great story for me. An older women sat in it the other day and completely fell backwards! I was horrified! I told her that I would take Scottie home since he clearly wasn't stable, but she said that wasn't the problem. It was totally the old lady. Thankfully nobody was hurt, including Scottie!

No comments:

Post a Comment